Tuesday 21 May 2013

Medical

We had our medical examinations earlier at our local GP surgery.

They both went fine in the main, just a couple of things on mine really.

1) My weight - I knew this would come up...  I have been over weight for some time now.  As a child I was always relatively thin, I was active, had a balanced diet and was just an average sized child.  So What happened?

Well firstly I was diagnosed with Kidney disease as a teenager which gave me severe water retention and I put weight on there, when that was under control I was told no sports/activities until I was discharged from the hospital permenantly.  This was 2 years but I did do some sport in the second year.  Then I suppose the rest is my own doing, eating too much and moving too little.

I started to ice skate and some of the weight started shifting, I was skating 3-4 + times per week and believe me it is a very good exercise for this, I was competing and had the drive to push harder in training.  But then I came off the end of a 14 man wheel and trapped nerved and had damage to my shoulder...  Stupidly I didnt go back, i was in a lot of pain for quite some time and when it did eventually heal I had lost my confidence.  Since then the weight has piled on and I NEED to do something about it for me as well as for the adoption.

Back in January I joined Slimming world and lost 11lb between then and the medical today.  I just need to keep it up.  However despite all of this the doctor said that I am fit and healthy despite my being over weight and just try to loose what I can.

So I am eating more of the right things and less of the wrong things, and trying to get back into some sort of exercise regime.  Easier said than done hey!






2)  The only other slight problem that arose was my urine sample was a little out of whack.  I apparently was showing protein which is not good and one of the main signs of the kidney disease returning which i had as a child.  I really dont need this right now.  My GP is lovely and had completed the medical assessment form for us and gave it us to send back, so we know it has gone.  She has mentioned the protein but also added a note stating that as a result of the protein showing she has run some further tests on a 24hour return and will contact them should there be any problems arising from the tests that would impact the adoption medical assessment.

SO NOW I MUST WAIT PATIENTLY FOR 24 HOURS
I really havent the time now to be ill, i feel well in myself and I will just have to sit tight and hope for the best...

On a side note the amount of things checked/tested in these medical examinations is ridiculous, however i did see it as a good indicator im working well and fit and healthy in the main.

No comments:

Post a Comment